Not a Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Brian Wind Trainer.
E8098558-F977-4F3F-87FD-68C23C646DAD.jpeg

Roadside junk.

I don’t know what I’m going to do with this. Maybe turn it into a bike stand.

This is for somebody that maybe wants to cycle in the house because it’s 110 F or -40 F outdoors.

Edit: I mistakenly called this the “air” trainer but it is the wind trainer.

Last edited:
Wow. I had one of those in the 80s before I switched to riding rollers in the winter.

My wife is afraid to get out on the road after her fall, and so I thought I might set her up to do some stationary cycling.

But when I tried to set this up I find that it makes the bike sit very high. Also it interferes with the cable routing on her bicycle, so I decided not to use it.

50AF684A-2A0A-4FAF-8CC2-B94E684D481D.jpeg

This all went together easily, but I had to make a small adapter. This black bit was an accessory anchor for a swimming pool fence, before I shortened it.
5E4A0D4E-EDE9-41B3-8A95-6C77998BCD98.jpeg

It bolts to the frame with a normal kickstand clamp on top.

The worst thing about the set up is you cannot adjust the resistance on the fly. That’s ridiculous and it needs to have a hinge that will allow you to do so.

This is sturdy enough for my wife but it’s a little bit flimsy for me. Fortunately I can ride the big bicycle without falling off. :)

Latest posts

Back