Nexus Customer Service, call 1-800-yeshoney...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I finally got around to converting a bike I cleaned up for my girlfriend (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10595&hilit=+girlfriend) to a Nexus 7 spd (bought from a RRB member) with a little (LOTS!) of help from Joe, aka yeshoney. Honestly, I could not have figured out how to get this thing set up without his help. I am SO grateful to him.

I stretched the stays with a scissor jack, and fit the wheel, but it was all wack. It appeared after staring at it for a while that only the chain side stays bent, thus the wheel was not centered in the bike. Then on top of that, when I fit the wheel, I scratched my head and thought, "I have no idea how to rig up the cable"... having never messed with a Nexus before.

[lightbulb] "call Joe! he's Nexus guy."

[voicemail] "Is this Nexus customer service? Is this the Nexus hotline? Joe, it's Ian, I need advice on how to set this up. Call me when you can"

not only did Joe call me back, he came down that night (50 min. drive), we hung out in the garage and we got her done. First we jumped on the chain stays and bent what I bent back. Then Joe did this contortionist thing where he stepped on what he didn't want to bend, and pulled up on what he did want to bend, and one beet-red face later, he had it bent right. My herniated disc jumped out of my spine and ran down the street just watching him.

so here's Beth's bike with the 7spd skidder. Popular opinion is to leave the rim black.

3437454575_9d9a2d6c12_b.jpg

3437452965_c3411a02f3_b.jpg

3437450871_89dff64484_b.jpg

Joe, you'll notice these bars are different than last you saw. More room for adult knees.

3437449077_8ee6758c81_b.jpg

also, not only did Joe show up with some freebie old tires for me, but he bought this for me. Need to find some right size scale chain to hang it from the seat. Thanks again Joe.

3438433968_5be11660f2_o.jpg

Amazing service. I wonder how far he travels for house calls? Does the type of beverage influence that decision? :mrgreen:

Cool little bike. I like the black rim.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
also, not only did Joe show up with some freebie old tires for me, but he bought this for me. Need to find some right size scale chain to hang it from the seat. Thanks again Joe.
Any of these help?
100_1039.jpg

^^ you're right, I should leave that decision to her. I'll ask her. I have some antique white paint to paint it with if she wants.

hey RocketeerRat, that black chain at the top (the two pieces) is perfect! quantos pesos?

Just PM me your address and it will be on the way. I havent found anything else to use it on so its just taking up space here.

Hey Ian! It was all good and I had a blast helping you out. Wish I wasn't so wiped out from a long .... day. It was 33 degrees out and here I was wearing shorts and a sweatshirt working on this thing. Didn't really feel the cold or the time flying by until we had the job completed. As with anything custom it fought us at every turn, but in the end cooler heads prevailed and I gave it it's maiden voyage skid! Thanks again for dinner at 11 PM! Pulled pork hoagie and a couple of Caronas! North Hampton is only a few weeks away and I will be free of all coaching activites by 3:30!

Joe

Back