new wave blue monday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mom found this in the alley behind her house, sweet norco santa cruz from the eighties the paint is good i think i might leave it
and go with the white and blue, don't know yet might change my mind,
i'm thinking pastel's pink! and total 80's RAD bike going for that hipster 80's retro look
paint the rims blue or ???? who knows

100_1102.jpg

Got the white saddle seat for $5 at our community bikes(local bike recycler) leather free, going to recover it white
with blue racing stripes ( i think) those are the ideas but i'm not solid yet,
we'll see what happens going put on my 80's mix tape and get inspired

100_1118.jpg

Boys, we got some competition.

Rachel, it will be great to have you along ride. You start talkin about 80's, blue and pink and I think Miami Vice.

rachelbee73 said:
My mom found this in the alley behind her house
You mean your mom payed someone a lot of money for it, right? RIGHT? Remember the code! :)

That's a cool little bike, looking forward to seeing it on the road.

Hugo

Brooks1.jpg

Brooks2.jpg

Brooks3.jpg

I have this Blue/White Brooks saddle. It's vinyl not leather but it's in good shape. If you would like to use it for your build I'll send it to you ... free. Just PM me your address.
Unless it costs a ton to ship to BC... LOL
Aaron

80's mix huh

You might want to add " Girls just want have fun " to that 80's mix. Good luck and happy building! :mrgreen:

seat pictures

100_1123.jpg

so i recovered this seat

100_1127.jpg

and it turned out pretty good it took a couple hours
and I had to fight with the rivet gun,
I put it on the bike and took it for a ride,
but I decided I needed a more comfortable seat,

100_1134.jpg

so I had this one laying around
I took it apart and found a white piece
of vinyl,

100_1136.jpg

100_1138.jpg

I fought the vinyl and tried really hard to recover it myself, but the shape of the seat made it really difficult I gave in and went to a friends shop and he covered it up nicely for $20
overall I love the way it turned out, and it's super comfy

100_1141.jpg

100_1145.jpg

chainguard

next I penciled in a checkerboard pattern (think jeff spicolie checker vans)
on my chainguard, I taped it up and it looks pretty cool, I haven't decided on color yet so more pics coming soon,

100_1150.jpg

Okay the bike is all mocked up
here's the before

100_1099.jpg

and here's the mock up
I added pedal's, seat and white grips, striped the sticker's.
The taping's done and I'm going to buy some paint.
Almost looks like a bmx, all I need is paint and new tires
and I think I'm done.

100_1158.jpg

have you considered painting the rims? White rims with blackwall tires looks pretty cool. It adds a nice contrast to just white walls and silver rims. Depending on your painting skills, a checkerboard fade on the chainguard would look sweet. Nice job on the taping btw...

I'm trying to remember back to my punk days (early/mid eighties) and what was a predominant theme. It was pretty much anything goes. I had some gnarly red plaid golf pants that I got a garage sale and tucked into jump boots. Denim was pretty standard as well. It was anything goes back then, lots of buttons, safety pins, everyone kinda had their own look. There was no standard rebellious teen uniform, unlike today. (kids these days..spoken in a sadly, non-ironic tone :? )

You must remember during your build "I am sticking it to the man!" :lol:

jeff

or maybe do the rims with that annodize spray that someone here used. They used red but see if they have a blue...chainguard too!! 8) 8) 8)

Rachel, check it out. I just bought this "Roland" Coral 1 cruiser over the weekend and it's the same bike as your Norco.

I did like you and pulled the black bumper pads off of the handlebars and found the same nice chrome handlebars to go with that nice aluminum neck.

Lots of luck with your build. I will be watching to see what else you come up with.

Oh, and if we're going back in time then it's Rat Rod Daddyo. :lol:

IMG_1608.jpg

Latest posts

Back