New Road Racer,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, been watchin a little Vs lately and tons of footage of the Tour De France, pretty cool stuff. Those guys haul ...!! I've always loved speed and been wantin a decently nice road bike for a good long while, I ended up turnin a couple of hustles and bought the new Schwinn Prelude, 700c wheels, Shimano paddle shifters and Shimano Tourney deralleurs, entry level bike, only retails for around 250 bucks. Spent the last couple of hours fine tuning the derailleurs and adjusting some things, this is actually a really nice bike and fast as lightning. I put a Cannondale stem on it, a new Fuji seat with a good ole bmx layback seat post, as well as some redline pedals, I have a new set of red and black Panaracer tires I haven't put on it yet, but I have to say this thing is a blast to ride, light as a feather and great brakes, thank the good Lord, already had a close call, guy pulled out in front of me while I was pullin about 3 G's at mach 2. :shock: Here she is,...
SGW-100CASIO961.jpg

SGW-100CASIO962.jpg

SGW-100CASIO963.jpg

I spy a ROADIE :lol: :lol: Sweet bike :wink:

K-dregg said:
You will go even faster with a straight seatpost.. :D

Check your Q factor . With the seat that far back your knees and lower back could pay a price. I get the most power with my seat back just a little bit. Todays stage of the tour was off hinges...go Andy. :D

Thanks guys, I can't actually ride any bicycle with a straight seat post, though I have never had any knee problems, riding on a straight seat post kills them for some reason. The layed back angle the way I have this bike set up feels absolutley perfect, I don't have any problems with hittin high speeds on it thats for sure, usually end up much fast than I had expected. She's a really sweet bike all tuned in. :mrgreen:

Back