New Muscle Bike Collection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My buddy and me went halfsies on a collection of 8 muscle bikes. The price was really, really good for what we got. One 1977 3 speed Schwiin, one 1973 single speed Schwinn, one 1978 single speed Schwinn, one 1977 5 speed Sears Spyder, one single speed Spyder, one funky looking girls Sears bike and two mutts. One a Hot Rod bike and the other some type of Roadmaster muscle bikes. Gonna start looking for some parts on-line to make the bikes as original as possible. Some pics:

Last edited:
Very nice pick. Ever interested in parting with the girls Sears bike let me know.

Worked out nice. My buddy is big on the Stingrays....he has two other 5 speed fast backs. I dig the Sears Spyders. The 5 speed one is really sweet! We are gonna fix them up and flip but we are not in any hurry.

Thanks guys! My buddy just sent me some pics and it has two issues, one fairly significant. The apes are Schwinn which is fine because one of the bikes has Huffy apes so we will just swap them out. The bad is that one of the forks has some pretty bad rust. We are going to carefully scrape and fill with some liquid metal. Of course this will be disclosed at sale. The better fix is to do some bead welding and then sand down but neither me or my bud have a welding rig. Still all in all, a good score. Will put on CL first and if we cannot get our prices, will do EBay.

I am really stoked about the other two Sears Spyders. I am gonna bring the rusty one back to life. The 5 speed only needs some minor shifter work and some cleaning, maybe some tubes.

Last edited:
Back