Need help with Serial number

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a UNIS folding bike that I am going to sell. However, I cannot determine what the serial number is. The first number looks like a 4 or A? Is that standard for UNIS bikes?

Sharon

I have a UNIS folding bike that I am going to sell. However, I cannot determine what the serial number is. The first number looks like a 4 or A? Is that standard for UNIS bikes?

Sharon

Never heard of a UNIS brand folding bike. If you post a pic of the bike, it might help.

Just a quick google of UNIS folding bike, it looks like they were made in Yugoslavia in the late 1980s

They look to be pretty common U-Tube construction that many bike companies in Europe used for folding bikes.

I've owned 3 of these folders, each with a different brand name on them. I've seen dozens of other brands on them. Too short to fit an average size adult, geared too low for any distance riding. Okay for short rides (~1 mile) to the store. Heavy. Popular with vendors at big swap meets to get around. They sold millions so there are still many around. $75 to $100 tops if it's in great shape.

I'm thinking someone could restore it or use for parts. I don't have a picture of the Serial #. I will get that.

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8548.jpg
    IMG_8548.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8551.jpg
    IMG_8551.jpg