Need Help with Id of this bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this bike is from the 40's. It has AMC on the fork and head tube.Bendix rear hub. Single red line. Also the top tube is two separate bars. The handle bar is not correct also those were lost and just put those on it to ride. Any help would be grateful
28w012c.jpg

Wasn't this style murray "canti" frame with the pointed dropouts introduced in 1958? It would be no earlier than that. Sometime in the 60's is probably a safe guess.

Thanks for the help. but I know this bike is from the 40's the owner told me that is when he bought it. I just cant find anything about a amc bicycle except a AMC Flash from 1939

wgcbikes said:
Thanks for the help. but I know this bike is from the 40's the owner told me that is when he bought it. I just cant find anything about a amc bicycle except a AMC Flash from 1939

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the owner lied to you or was mistaken. It is a late '50's through '60's bike. The styling, components, and everything about it scream late '50's through '60's. Still a very cool bike but it's not 1940's.

wgcbikes said:
Post up the serial number. Found on either the left rear dropout or underneath the bottom bracket.

Prior to 1950, most bikes had skiptooth (1" pitch) chain. The rear dropouts also faced to the rear.

Definitly late 50's to mid 60's. Nothing on that bike dates back to the 40's. They are cool frames though, I have a few of them. Built by Murry, serial should be on left dropout. Look up other 60's murry frames (spaceliner, flightliner etc) you will see the resemblence.

I agree its a late 50s to early 60s j-c- higgins
and I am positive it is not a 40s bikes back then they had a lot more metal on them like this one that i own..
pacemaker2_zpse7853bfc.jpg

Nick.

Nickinator said:
I agree its a late 50s to early 60s j-c- higgins
and I am positive it is not a 40s bikes back then they had a lot more metal on them like this one that i own..
pacemaker2_zpse7853bfc.jpg

Nick.

Nick.....can you post some close up shots of that nose piece, for lack of a better description?

Nickinator said:
Nick.....can you post some close up shots of that nose piece, for lack of a better description?

Not sure what you mean? but if you want a close up of the front head shroud no problem.
westernflyer3_zpsb8341e9c.jpg

That's it. Thanks! That's is a new favorite for me. The fender emblem, tank and that piece are absolutely awesome!

Latest posts

Back