My really old pair...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schwinn Henderson, not sure of the year of manufacture. Will be resto-modded. The chain and all bearings work perfectly, so does the brake. This one will take some serious time and cash to do right. Belongs to my 85 year old father in law, who has let it sit and "mature" since 1958, in his cow barn. I'd like to present it back to him redone (with adult size training wheels, he's kinda wobbly these days).
firestone-web.jpg

Year unsure Firestone remnants. I can read a 51 at the end of the head badge serial number, the rest needs a good scrubbing. It's a heap right now, but... This is the one going orange and cream to match my 49 Dodge truck, 72 Super Beetle and 98 Savage barhopper motorcycle (with 15" apes, not street legal here). Right now, all 4 are in pieces.
henderson-web.jpg

Next weekend is no sales tax weekend in Tennessee. I may go buy a modern cheapie to ride while I'm rebuilding these two. My pair of Schwinn Suburbans would be easy fixers, but I don't really like them very much. No pics on them, I think everyone here has seen a chestnut Suburban. Boring.

Back