My Belated Introduction

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went and posted in another section before posting here and was called on it by three of you who took notice. My apologies for my etiquette faux pau. :)

I'm Skip. I bought an Electrabike Rockabilly Boogie about a year ago when we were looking for a bike for my partially disabled wife. It just spoke to me. I added 30" apes to it and Have been feeling really young ever since.

About 4 months ago I pulled a trek mtn bike out of a dumpster. only thing missing was a front wheel. I had been perusing ebay, etc for an old Raleigh Chopper, but I rode a friends similar bike and realized my size does not make that practical (6'5" 270). So, I built a "My Sized Muscle Bike". HAcked up the forks from another mtn bike find. bought a sissy bar and WW tires. found a 20" wheel for the front. Bud here at work welded the forks together for me and relocated the front brake posts. The other thing I didn't do was the cabling. I went to buy cables and in the process of talking the guy mentioned it would not be much more for him to just do it. Worked out great as I have many other interests and projects. I rode it around yesterday after I picked it up. It rides well, but I totally forgot how uncomfortable banana seats are. OW!!! Here's a couple of pics. some of my build, one showing my "hot rods" one showing my recent project that will prolly sit for awhile before I even grease it up for some bonding/idea building.

DSC02194.jpg

0119081227a.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

0412081507a.jpg

0413081253a2.jpg

010204010312010410200803263531a5a24.jpg

Oh I almost forgot: That IS my truck!!
DSC03208.jpg

It just spoke to me

I think thats how it always starts. Then a year later you have a room full projects and each one is screaming something, like "New fenders!" "Paint me!" "Springer fork!" "Get me that seat you saw on eBay!" "I need a twin!"

Keep those My Sized bikes coming!

Latest posts

Back