My '82 Fuji Tahoe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all, just joined. We own a little antique and consignment shop here in Montana and like Rick on Pawn Stars says; "You never know whats gonna come thru that door" The other day a guy showed up with 3 bikes. One was what I would call a Mtn. bike, one was and old school 21spd (Both Fuji) and a Raleigh 10spd road bike. The mtn bike is an '82 Tahoe, the road bike is a blue Royale. I asked him what he had to have out of them and he said 10 bucks. I said each? and he said no, for all three. The Tahoe needed a rear tire and tube, the Royale needed nothing and the Raleigh just a rear tire. I tuned up the Tahoe this morning and changed the tire and tube and she rides sweet. Our bike guy for the store even brought me in a Fuji tractor seat. So anyway I'm pretty happy with my ten dollar purchase!

Welcome to the site. Well he set his own price. The older Fuji bikes tend to be fairly desirable to the right people as do Raleigh bikes.

Welcome to the site. Well he set his own price. The older Fuji bikes tend to be fairly desirable to the right people as do Raleigh bikes.
Hi Nagant, he sure did. I learn more and more about vintage stuff everyday. I was surprised as well at the market value of the two Fuji's. I had no idea. But the more I look at and ride the bikes, even a novice like me can see quality in the details. You are also right about the Raleigh. Before I started researching these bikes, I would not have given you a plugged nickel for it. But it too has well designed parts. Heck it even has a Swedish kickstand! Lol I'll look forward to shootin' the breeze with you folks in the future.:)

Back