my '07 switchblade mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, it's nearly done.. bought it in september and now i've changed what was necessary. got a few problems keepin' the chain away from the tire, i have to build in a offset sprocket on the nexus next week to get it rolling. :mrgreen:

rigida 24 "dh80 in the rear and 26" dh65 in the front, cnc'd alloy grips by marcel danek (interview in the last brn'k- issue) and cnc'd alloy pedals by 3G.
"clean" pics, when it's rolling out of the cellar. :roll:

Cool. I love those rims. They really give that bike a true motorcycle quality. I think one of the reasons I like this site so much is that I get the chance to see what other people do with some of the same bikes I build up. I put a Nexus 7 speed roller brake hub in the back and an old drum hub up front that I painted to match with some powder coated rims. Here's my Switchblade;
switchside.jpg

Switchfront.jpg

I was thinking about using some Surley Large Marge rims on mine. Now I get to see what it might look like, from seeing yours

No Talent Clown said:
I put a Nexus 7 speed roller brake hub in the back and an old drum hub up front that I painted to match with some powder coated rims.I was thinking about using some Surley Large Marge rims on mine. Now I get to see what it might look like, from seeing yours

better use the large marge with the 7speed nexus! you might go crazy when fitting the 7speed hub into the dh80 rims. for me it was challenge enough to fit in the inter3.. :roll:

few new modifications: rare version of the electra hellbilly xl- seat and a new 3piece- crank by felt. pretty load of chrome, but it fits perfectly to the rest of the bike, i think. to me my switchblade looks nearly perfect now. it'll get a new hydraulic disc break next month and then i'll start to spend my money on my next bike buildup (a basman frame with a 24"x 4,75" rim) and a new bed for me and my girl.. :roll:

Nice ride...
The Cannibal is the same frame, and I have one of those that has similar changes, but I went with the Large Marge in the rear and an Alex DX-32 up front. It has a Sturmey front brake, and the crank is still a one piece, but it is a chrome one with an aluminum sprocket that I got off fleebay. The handlebars and top clamp are also chrome and polished aluminum, with the flipped bars coming from one of those Jesse James chopper bikes.
It rides pretty good, and looks good to me too.
This is a shot from a while back, some parts were not in place at the time, others have since departed..
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Richardson Bike Mart over on Campbell Road in Richardson has had one on the showroom floor for $350 for several months now.

They may or may not still have the bike though...always best to call ahead. :wink:

I just picked up a 2010 Cannibal. Having fun looking back at other Cannibals and Switchblades to see what's possible on these beautiful beasts.

Back