Motobike board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would share my latest creation that I threw together for the Greaserama car show over Labor day weekend in Kansas City. The frame and forks are from an unknown brand of 1920's Motobike, the seat is a hairpin that came from bicyclericks shop and the handlebars are Schwinn repro braced bars.

Lancer
DCP01770.jpg

DCP01771.jpg

DCP01765.jpg

DCP01766.jpg

very nice!

MMMMMmmmmm m!

Tasty looking bike! What is the stock looking one next to it? Those shock-ease forks are very popular with guys actually putting motors on bicycle frames. I know they have no springs so i assume they just give rigidity to the fork. Your color choice is very cool too.

Joe

it's a sweet looking build and greaserama was a blast
mike

Thanks for the kind words. I did all the paint work myself. Originally I was going paint it gloss black, but after I stripped the frame, I figured it needed way more work than I had time to do to knock out all the dings in the frame. The black is good ol' Krylon rattle bomb satin black. The lime green is automotive Centari 1974 Opal signal green applied via airbrush. I think I went through a couple of pounds of masking tape to do the stripes before I got them the way I wanted them. I had the lime/black combo on the brain because we were building trophy for the greaserama and it was the same color scheme(if I can get some pics of the trophy, I will throw them on here later). I have a few more things to do to this bike before I am done with her. Plans include changing out the wheels for a set of matching lime green ones, and a fake gas tank to fill up that void between the bars on top. The old rusty bike is a 1920's Elgin in original paint. I bought it from to same fellow that I got the frame from on the black one about a year ago. I had originally bought the Elgin with the intent of doing a resto on it, but it has survived to this point with it's original skin so I think I am going to leave it the way it is for now.

Lancer
DCP01767.jpg

Great bikes. I have an Elgin too.

You did an amazing job! Where did you get the handlebars for the green bike? The crossbar on my handlebars is broken. The bike below is a 1935 Elgin that I'm restoring to original condition. It looks nothing like the photo anymore. Chrome has been replated, new paint, the works. I'll post photos when I finish it in about a month. I'd like to find another pre-war bike to turn into a rat rod. I caught the bug after checking out some of the bikes on this website. I saw photos of Hooch's Rosemary bike and nearly soiled myself. I've never seen such a cool bike.

I'm in the KC area too (Lawrence, KS actually). If you know of any upcoming swap meets, let me know.

Elgin.jpg

Hey there Jack. Thats a sweet old Elgin you have there, can't wait to see it when you get it done. Motobikes are my favorites of all the bikes that I am into myself. As far as the repro crossbars are concerned, I literally snagged those out of your backyard. They came from Cycleworks in Lawrence KS over on Kasold st. I don't know if they have any more left, but you might check. If that turns out to be a dead end, check with Memory lane up in Grand Rapids Ohio. They carry 2 different styles of Braced bars as well as an add on style crossbar too. In the upcoming bike events for the KC area, I hope you are not busy tommorrow morning. There is a bike swap going on in Lathrop Mo at the Antique tractor show grounds on Saturday morning. Lathrop is located about 40 minutes northeast of KC on I-35.

KC Lancer

Thanks for the lead on the handlebars. As it turns out, Cycleworks is currently truing two wheels that I re-laced last week. I'll check on the handlebars when I pick up the wheels. I read about the Lathrop bike swap on Craigslist. Sounds like it will be a good one.

Back