Midget Takes a Pic of His Midget...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was riding around the neighborhood with my son and he stops and asks if he can use my phone to take a pic of his bike. Since I don't see a lot of Midgets on here I figured I'd post it up.

midget_zpsvyr7g9oq.jpg~original

Only mods to this one are an 18 tooth rear sprocket, bmx chain and superior tire on the rear. We have a gripper slik for it but I made the mistake of telling him I had bike with a superior tire on the rear and that it would squeal when you skid with it. Half hour later we're at the Schwinn store picking up a tire. Took a while to break it in but it does indeed squeal when he locks it up.

He thinks his bike is the coolest and he's probably right. He can really fly on it. Not easy to keep up even with 10 gears. I think he takes better pics than me too.

midget_zps5hssc3ej.jpg~original

I like his use of background and contrast with the landscape :D

He does pretty much have the coolest bike out there that's for sure! Do you two still get stopped and asked about them?

He does pretty much have the coolest bike out there that's for sure! Do you two still get stopped and asked about them?

Thanks Rob. I like the way he sets the bars and seat too.

We do still get compliments. His bike gets the most attention but he only takes the Midget on fairly short rides.

what is it a 16"? I saw one the other day and I thought it was cool.

Yep 16 inch wheels. I like the strected out canti frame. Schwinn also used those frames for their portable Runabout adult bike.

I love all brand 16 inch bikes. The midget looks great with the springer fork on it.

Thanks! The springer works good on there. It was on there when I bought it. Bike started life as a Mini Scrambler but was converted to a midget before I got it. I just re-did the paint.

One other thing that's different is the Pixie rear fender. I like it because it tucks down on the tire.

I'd like to see some more 16 inch muscle bikes. I'm still clueless when it comes to anything but Schwinns.

Oh one other mod I did was swap out the 16 inch speedo drive for one off a 27 inch wheel. He's got like 350 miles on it already. :21:

Thanks guys.....so I had to see if he could take a pic like that again. I actually tried to take a pic of my bike in the same spot but it didn't look nearly as good so I had him snap one of my Fastback yesterday.

Pretty good. He made me let him park it and everything.

bvoort_zps1x8safyx.jpg~original

Great day to cruise the bikes.

bvoort2_zpsm1nokhsu.jpg~original

Back