(MBBO#04 Class 1) Screamin' Deal!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the honor of all those screamin' deals we all seem to find on Craigslist and elsewhere, I will be doing a restobuild on my Sears Screamer.
Now that I have officially entered, I can get the bike out of my bedroom tomorrow,and I'll just have to finish it!
Here's a preview...
DSCN4659_zpsdpfnovxl.jpg

And don't worry, I'm not changing anything that isn't a bolt on. (If at all). I don't expect to win or even place with a preservation/restoration but it will keep me committed to finishing!
Thanks for watching...

Love Screamers. I had a Screamer 2 as a kid.

I haven't quite started yet.. Looking for recommendations on derusting the frame without ruining the paint or decals.. I seem to remember someone soaking paper towels in ??? and draping them over the frame of their Fairlady...Crash?

As soon as I committed to the bike, work has exploded with all sorts of stuff needing done. ... I have about ten days of work to finish by Saturday ...:bigsmile:

I think MazdaFlyer has a good way to remove rust without removing paint or decals.
If you Google electrolysis rust remover that will lead to another way,but it's not for everyone. And it leaves a black deposit where the rust was,its easy to clean off but it's more work.

Back