Let's see your "dream" build using parts from all brands.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretend money or availability was no object, and build a "dream" bike using your favorites parts and pieces from any manufacturer. Kind of the ultimate Frankenbike.

I'll go first:;) My dream bike would be comprised of a CWC frame and tank, the big, fat 50's Monark fenders, the smaller Shelby Air-Flo chainguard, an Evans Harley Earl designed rack, a Good Year double Eagle springer fork, CWC bars and gooseneck fork, Schwinn B-6 train headlight, S-2 rims, and sweetheart sprocket, Persons teardrop pedals and saddle with crash bar, jeweled bottle neck grips, and Carlisle Lightning Darts.

A big, plush cruiser. I'd go either black or maybe dark red and cream two tone.

CWC frame and tank:

74929-bicycles_058.jpg

Monark fenders:

93314-dscn0500.jpg

Evans rack:

DSC06249.JPG

Shelby AirFlo chainguard:

1940%20Shelby%20longnose%20Airflow%201.jpg

Schwinn headlight:

52824-053.jpg

Goodyear springer:

goodyear%20001.jpg

What would you build?

Man, I hate to say it but my dream bike includes no vintage!
I'm not the guy to DESTROY art, and sadly, I tear stuff up!
I want a Merlin. An old first year one. that I saw at the Chicago Interbike in 1988?
They didn't have time to polish, had all the discoloration at the welds, I still think about that patina!
The rest of the bike would be fallout, Rohloff hubs, discs, carbon fiber rims, yup yur getting the idea, expensive!

Last edited:
This is my dream bike. The only problem I'm scared I'll crack the frame if I ride it much.
Kenny
1948 Silver King hex tube frame
Chrome Spaceliner forks
Spaceliner drop center rims
Flighliner truss
Bendix 2spd hub, no cables to cruder the look
Troxel seat with chrome crash bar
52tooth Murray sprocket with nickel plated chain
Aluminum handle bars

Looking for
Aluminum stem
Person teardrop peddles