Kaluna

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I know that the Kaluna beach bikes are most hated upon!~ I needed a cruiser at the time cheap, picked an orange(BLEH) one for $45.00, a little rusty, but intact and all working.
Over time i replaced it with a sutiable steed and it just sat.
I decided it was time to get rid of the "BARF-O-MATIC," Orange, sanded it all down and rattle can painted it black, all of it!
Found a POS Huffy for sale for $5.00 that had a shock fork(ok bouncy thing) that is 1" threaded, removed the brake bosses, painted real pretty, black.
The huffy had a good chain, deralier, and other small parts that were retained for their value.
Got a rack and grips at Wallmart, $45.00 or there abouts.
Got a GT Compe bmx off a scrap guy for some alum scrap I had zilch in, got the GT 3 piece HEAVY cranks from it.
Got bags and baskets at the thrift store for less than $5.00, sorry not on in the pictures.
In total I have $100.00 plus labor in it.
I had my doubts, I read on the internet about the bad hardware, bad brakes, and most worrisome the forks were declared unsafe by the "motorized bicycle crowd," not that they'd know anything about hitting curbs at speed....
Yesterday I actualy sucked it up and rode it, not just around the block with the kids.
I have to give that Kaluna a stamp of approval.

DSC02119_zps2f8cc518.jpg

Back