K.R.E.M.E now called THE JOKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the canvas I am going to start my build with. It is a 70ish fuji feather that was given to me by a friend. I don't plan on having this bike look the same when I get done with it. The challenge is going to be finding parts that fit, but that is also the fun part. Now just got to get started. I am excited to be a part of this build off.

fuji-feather.jpg

Ok I got some ideas for my build. I am going for a cafe style/racer. I decided I would start with the tank. So here is just a little info on how I made my own carbon fiber tank. I created a carbon fiber pattern in photoshop, then printed it at work on our large format printer. It is printed on sticky back gloss vinyl. Then is going to be applied to the strip of black pvc. I will first cut the shape of the tank before mounting the vinyl to give it clean edges, and not to scratch it up. And what more says cafe racer then carbon fiber. The first pic is of the black .25 inch pvc and the other 2 are the stripes of printed pattern.

IMG_0206-1.jpg

crt95 said:
Ok I got some ideas for my build. I am going for a cafe style/racer. I decided I would start with the tank. So here is just a little info on how I made my own carbon fiber tank. I created a carbon fiber pattern in photoshop, then printed it at work on our large format printer. It is printed on sticky back gloss vinyl. Then is going to be applied to the strip of black pvc. I will first cut the shape of the tank before mounting the vinyl to give it clean edges, and not to scratch it up. And what more says cafe racer then carbon fiber. The first pic is of the black .25 inch pvc and the other 2 are the stripes of printed pattern.

you could use a couple of balloons, attach them to the frame, cover with spandex, and paint with resin and then pop the balloons, and then cover the spandex with the carbon fribre....

Doug

Well I had a lot of ideas at the start of this. I was planning a cafe style racer, but I just decided that it wouldn't be RAT enough. So I am taking a new approach. I took the bike apart and instead of painting the frame, I just shot it with a clear coat with glitter in it. It gives it a real nice effect with the rust and original paint showing through.

flake3.jpg

flake2.jpg

flake1.jpg

I think some lime green wheels with white walls will set it off. More to come soon.

I like the look! Something different and you did'nt have to sand like crazy!(smart guy!)Lookin Good! EM

Latest posts

Back