Just re-got the bike building bug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just stumbled across this forum, and it is the greatest! I coach football, and now that the season is over I was bored, so I was tinkering around in the barn and came across some old bike parts and went to work Like I used to do as a kid. I have enjoyed every minute of it! I am glad I have found some others that share the same excitment that I have found with this hobby! Right now my sons and I are working on an old trike, that I bought at a yard sale in 1984 to use on my paper route. There are parts from about 6 different bikes on it right now. Well anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you how great this forum is!

I will get the camera out tomorrow and snap some photos of what I have so far. It is ugly right now, but you can kinda see where I am going with it.

welcome and yes this site can restart a flame cant it? anytime a customer comes into the shop wanting new ideas i send them here to take a look. cant wait to see what your bikes look like.

Hey Buck,Welcome Aboard

Having fun creating/building bikes around here is the whole idea!

Just put a flat black paint job on the bike,(it was about 6 different colors). I'll take some pics soon, but I need to get some new batteries for the camera. I still need tires, and handlegrips for the bike, but will have to wait till after christmas. I'm only working part time right now and going back to school full time, so funds are stretched.

Ok, did a bit of work on it, to make it look a little better, still needs another coat of paint(lots of primer still showing), but I think I'm going to wait for the warm weather of spring, my garage is not heated, so I'm not real happy with the paint job. Forgot I need to find a seat too! I still have the original, but I don't care for the huge saddle type of seat.
IMG_0252.jpg

Still have quite a bit of work to do on the rims as well. The front tire is just on there to keep the forks off of the ground. Thinking about going with a skinny 26" tire on the front, just to be different. I have a fender to go over the front tire as well. Any suggestions are more the welcome!
IMG_0253.jpg

This last one is my 7 speed Schwin Searcher that I got for my Birthday this year. My wife loves me! That and she thinks I'm too fat and need to exersise more! lol
IMG_0254.jpg

P.S. Please don't look at my messy Garage, this time of year, I try and do everything in there that I cannot do outside!

Back