Jasper Engines

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 98 Ford F-150 XLT blew it's motor this past Wednesday at 109,000 miles. I'am looking into a remanufactured from Jasper. Has anybody ever dealt with them before, or know much about them. Any advice with this situation is welcome and appreciated. Thank-You :D

If you got some extra money.. Go for a Roush Racing crate motor! :)

:) 460 Bored and stroked open headers big cam Tunnel ram intake dual quads, Mickey thompson swamper tires with a 12 inch lift, Roll bar snorkel kc lights up top. Uh uh uh MORE POWER! Lol

I don't have any direct experience with them, but my uncle bought a reman Pontiac V6 from them, and it lasted longer than the factory motor. I've read quite a few good things about them from non-affiliated sources. I've also seen pictures of their production facility in Southern Indiana (as well as driven by it), and the assembly laboratory was essentially a surgical clean room. The main building that they have in Jasper, IN, was really nice looking from the outside, alot newer than it really was.

I THINK that a local racing series uses relatively stock, sealed chevy small block 350s that Jasper builds. They run them all season long with only fluid changes, and they are nice motors.

HTH!

My Pops has a Jasper re-man 3.3 in a '91 Dodge Dynasty.

It was pricey.

...And I've read/heard they use "oddball" bore/bearing sizes til a hole fits spec.

That engine has been trouble free!

I dont have anything bad to say about them,but you might get yours re-built at the local machine shop for half the price...OR roll the dice on a junkyard engine.

Back