TRADITIONAL It's SUPER ELLIOT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had some floor stock. Again the BSA bit.
Elliotts-Store-Inside.jpg

I've hit the return stage. Or about to.

Waiting another day for the top coats to cure, but the tyres are now back on the wheels - and I'm happy enough with the results all-round.

Close inspection reveals the neglect the bike has suffered, but for a budget rodding-resto its OK.

I'm sick of sanding spokes though. X 3.

I thought Super E should be red.

1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

WD-40, You're soaking in it.
e4.jpg

What a beauty!

This afternoon I fitted the Suntour derailleur. Cabled it up, adjusted, and it downshifts perfectly - but the gap and size difference between gears changing up are simply too much for it. Exacerbated by the fact there are no cable stops.

nogears1.jpg

So after due diligence - it's now running single speed on the middle cog. I'm happy with this too, Rat-a-tat dontchaknow.
Tension adjustment works with the horizontal dropouts.

The other impediment to gear changing is the axle is slightly bent (I think) - because the freewheel does the orbital thing worse than just being threaded on.

But this will work Jim Dandy. But I might get a bling-er chain.

nogears2.jpg

Another upshot is I would have put the decals in the wrong spot If I persisted It's gonna be scary fun for a while.

I might try and restore the Simplex derailleur down the track - but I still don't think it would work.

Back