it has finally arrived

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my long awaited king kat if here (been wanting one of these for 20 years i'm in the middle of ripping it apart for paint. I have the front end all apart and wire wheeled the paint off the back legs on the forks and polished the chrome and than decided they looked better black so they'll be painted again soon. As for colors I'm thinking flat black with red accents. (was thinking of actually doing colors on this one but decided if any bike should be flat black it's this one. i'll post new pics when done.

kingkat.jpg

that bike is cool, What is it i never seen one, who makes it? what year? INFO DUDE! I like it.

don't know the year it's from mid 70's i think. It's a murray KingKat. It's not the original seat or guard or paint. Murray had a couple different models of the "kat" bike. All raked out choppers but i think the king kat was the only one with the springer I could be wrong i don't know alot about them but i know i've wanted one since i was about 8 and now i'm 31 took awhile but i got it :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Congrats, Unless i strike it rich i doubt ill ever have a black phantom! :lol: Im happy for you.

well i did a real quicky paint job on it(stripped for the most part a quick sanding, painted and back together still tacky). threw on the bars from my wifes rollfast (she didn't like them) and a seat i had laying around. my wife said the bike looks evil so i threw some quick taping on the chain guard just to add some character. I love this bike.

KINGKAT.JPG

THEREAPER.JPG

Murray made four bikes in the mid 70's, the Flame Kat, The Custom Kat, and Im not forsure about the other two bikes. I think one was th King Kat But Im not for sure. I do know that most were made 77 and http://www.nemusclebikes.com has pics and info on all the models.

This bike makes a Krate look conservative. I like the black front rim with the raised white letter tire. A black rim on the back with a 20x2.35 Big Apple would really finish the look nicely (IMHO)

-Mp

Back