Identify??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work, my friend!

Skellzilla said:
I did a reverse google image search and it pulled up Mode Bikes.

http://modebikes.com/bike-archives/stre ... hite-bike/

I actually picked up my Walgoose last week and just sat down to photoshop some colour combos together. This bike might just become some inspiration for my own build.
Thanks,

Skellzilla

Yeah, great detective work.lol Some of their theme bikes are awesome. I'm thinking big dollars though.. I may just call.

alvinm said:
Post by alvinm on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:46 pm
Yeah, great detective work.lol Some of their theme bikes are awesome. I'm thinking big dollars though.. I may just call.

Oh yeah I don't doubt it. Some of their combinations though look stunning and I'm currently trying to find a nice big headlamp for my bike like some of the ones on their site (and one of the guys on here I believe who used an old Chevy headlamp - looked slick).

RatSphinx said:
Post by RatSphinx on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:48 pm
How about the customary intro? What are you working on? Anything?

Sorry RatSphinx - Um so yeah I've been stalking the boards for a few weeks and finally decided to sign up now that I have my first project bike. I have a tiny apartment but have been looking for a bike to get out and around the parks on and to use to cycle to and from friends houses - the usual street terrain. I'm a designer so I like to be a little different at time (don't we all!) and kept seeing fantastic things being done with the Walgoose bike. I took the plunge, bought it and am now figuring out what to do to it. First on the list; where the heck to store the .... thing :D

Its a really fun bike and this seems like a fantastic community to be part of in order to learn and develop my bike building skills.

So there you have it. That's me. Currently mocking up a nice photoshop template so that I can try out different colour schemes and ideas. Already purchased some Sunlite Crushers and some Q-Tubes (to save some weight), currently looking at some kind of BIG headlamp and perhaps fenders. Colour scheme is the big one right now though, it might end up matching my new jeep..... :wink:

Glad I could be of assistance,

Skellzilla

No worries, you don't have to apologize to me. I'm not anyone special around here. I just wanted you be able to let everyone around here know who you are. Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay. 8)

So here's a nice noobish question for you all; What are the handlebars in that first image called? I'm sure the second one is the same style...

They look like low rise handle bars but I'm sure there is a technical term for those exact ones. I like the serious motorbike style of them :)

Thanks,

Skellzilla said:
So here's a nice noobish question for you all; What are the handlebars in that first image called? I'm sure the second one is the same style...

They look like low rise handle bars but I'm sure there is a technical term for those exact ones. I like the serious motorbike style of them :)

Thanks,
Looks to be some straight style mountain bike bars.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't think they are straight barsl, they appear to have a turn in the handle.this also rules out them being arc bars.
Iv seen some like these around after scouring the interwebs but I just didn't know if there was an official name or anything.

Thanks anyway,
Skellz

I'll try and find where I purchased mine, but I think they are arcs, just shortened a bit on each side.

Back