I love wheels!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I am a sucker for wheels. The bikes that stand out most in my mind and that I remember for the longest are the ones that have the crazy wheels. Where do you find these beauties? I know you can get the 144 spoke rims fairly easily, but what about mags? Are these once in a lifetime finds? Keep 'em coming. Total eye candy.

2051247320_b64f8966f8.jpg

ratleft.jpg

IMG_0077cb.jpg

Tuff_24_coaster_brake_003.jpg

BTW, those tuffs are no longer in stock. Does anyone know where I could find 24" coaster mags in red?

Proudlove,
I love mags too...most of my 70's era bmx restos have mags on them. The black 6 spoke mag in that first pic is an MX-60, made by E. Dale Enterprises in the 70's. They came stock on a few bikes back then including the Two Wheelers Super Stroker. I need a set for my Stroker if anyone has any laying around.
The second pic is my rat bike with a set of Webco mags, also from the 70's. They were pretty much a direct copy of the short lived Barris mags made by Iverson. Webco mags are rare...Barris mags are really rare.
As for your search for red 24 inch Tuffs...they're coming back! For '08 Skyway is re-releasing a limited run of red, blue, and yellow 24" Tuffwheels. They have already re-released them in black and white, and they're all available here- http://www.coloredtuffs.com . The guy that runs Colored Tuffs is named Ed- super nice guy- tell him Pete Bruno sent you.
I've seen a bunch of mag wheels on old bmx bikes at swap shops and yard sales, and I've seen quite a few newer mag designs on Wally World bikes. They're out there- go find 'em
and build some cool rat bikes with 'em.
Pete

I saw some rad mags at walmart they were on a 20" bmx bike they were black aluminum looked like a star with spokes taper in as the met the rim and had the edges of the spokes machined and so in natural aluminum. really cool looking anyone know if something similar is available so i don't got to buy a bike just for the wheels.
0003867520929_500X500.jpg

Back