I joined up the other day and need help posting pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I joined up the other day and would like to post some pics of my rides, but don't know how to go about doing it. I've been building rat style Schwinns for awhile now. I currently have '60 and '79 Schwinn cruisers, a couple of 70's Speedsters, a '50s Corvette (the Schwinn, not the car), a Stingray, and couple of other misc. bikes. I'm glad I found this site as I wasn't sure if anyone else was building rat bikes. I hope this forum takes off and gets people interested in owner built bikes.

Hey Kustomkarma,

What you need to do to post a photo is to have your photo stored on a server somewhere....like photobucket.com, yahoo photos, your own website, etc.

Once your photo is out there somewhere then you will need to copy the URL (web address) of the image. After you have copied the URL you need to click the "Img" button that is above the text field of the message you are posting. It will drop in a bit of code and then you paste your URL in between the two bits of code. Here is the code that gets inserted:

It may sound confusing, but it's pretty simple.

Let me know if you need more help....sure would like to see your bikes!

Here they are!

Let me take a stab at this photo thing. Here two of my rides. The cruiser is a '79 with a bendix yellow band kickback hub that has been laced to a set of S-7s. Seat is old Schwinn high end model. Everything is rebuilt and repacked. The other bike is a 70's Speedster with similar parts. It's not done as the front wheel and bars / stem are just for mock up. I've got a few others, but they're in various stages of disassembly. I've already changed the seat post and clamp on the Speedster since this photo to chrome Schwinn pieces. My seat post came in today from California packed in pages torn out of a 1967 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. Maybe I need to move out west.
detail
Hope this works.

Nice Collegiate. Is that color "coppertone" or something else? One of my earlist bikes was a late 60's Collegiate that I dug out from under a bush in my friend's yard. I'm had that bike since I was like 12 or 13. It's truly a well worn rat bike. I'll have to take some photos eventually.

Kustomkarma said:
Nice Collegiate. Is that color "coppertone" or something else? One of my earlist bikes was a late 60's Collegiate that I dug out from under a bush in my friend's yard. I'm had that bike since I was like 12 or 13. It's truly a well worn rat bike. I'll have to take some photos eventually.
Yes...Radiant Coppertone...my favorite :D

It's a 1967 model that I am restoring.

Back