I have no idea where this is going. PPV with PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wondered if it was a 3 speed hub or something totally fabbed up for the car. I'd like to see the drivetrain.

IT RIDES. I just got back from the Freakbike end of the year banquet at CiCi's, and rode it around there. It rides great. None of the loud clunking noise when shifting. Only thing I could see being a problem is riding in the drivers seat, because my knees hit the handlebar, but I fit okay in the passenger seat. Waiting on my phone to charge to get everybody some pictures. It has decals and reflectors, but its way too cold to put them on. Plus, it could use a wash, but its probably 25 degrees outside.

Sorry for the delay. Who knew it was so hard to get over to my dads house with a charged phone. :banghead:

SO, FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS WAIT.

3 SPEED TRANS

FRONT WHEEL AND STEERING FORK

AND UNDERBODY

OH, and we won this at the Freakbike ride last sunday. He's made out of spare bike rims and parts.

Last edited:
That is pretty cool! That transmission is pretty cool too...

Luke.

I am starting to wonder about it though, whether its greased or not. I'm afraid to tear into it.

Love CiCi's pizza, ours closed. :-(

That things really cool. I'd figure that any oil or grease is pretty dried up at this point. Personally I'd at check.

That looks like a delightfully fun contraption. What about cargo space? Seems like they didn't build in a spot to carry any groceries. I guess driving solo is one's option for a delivery run.

I'd say it needs a roof rack for surfboards... or in your case, skis.

It has some space behind the seats, just like a single cab truck would have. I have seen bimini tops on some of them, and that would be something I'd like.

As far as skis, I'd pass. This thing is nearly impossible to drive in the snow. :(

It needs a fringe-on-the-top bimini like a surrey of old, only a little more lowrider inspired maybe. Maybe some tail fins? Probably best left alone, stock. I like it without the stickers, by the way. Let' em guess what the heck it is.

I run an ppv owners listserv at yahoo groups.

about 100 owners currently signed up.

to join: [email protected]

many photos at the yahoo group page.

I've overhauled a couple of ppv transmissions in far worse shape. There are needle bearings inside that get greased. The rest can be lubed with a good spray chain lube. Yours looks to be in excellent shape, I'd just go with the spray lube for now. And say out of the water.

They were designed to store vertical standing on the rear end. BUT watch out, if it falls over the hood will get punched out when the hood hits the top of the fork.

tons of photos here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PeoplePoweredVehicle/photos/albums

hey RickP - that photo album is restricted to yahoo group members. For the idly curious here, can you post a screenshot or two of the most heavily modified PPVs? We've seen the stock, we want the rat... cheers

Back