I got a question.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol ill skid and go sideways, And the wheel hops and it will bend!! It makes me so mad, I weigh 266 i did it 2 times, 2 two good rims.

Wheels are built so as to have equal tension in the spokes, thus the tension in the wheel should be in equalibrium, with that said, wheels also flex, which does depend on components like rim construction, spoke type, i.e. plain gauge (constant amount of material, low elastisity, generally requiring more tweeking and maintenance) or double/triple butted (less material, higher elastisity, requiring less tweeking, etc.....), but providing the amount of flex doesn't exceed the amount of tension already in the wheel then it should spring back to its original position. So, maybe there's noting to worry about, except that your spokes may require that extra bit of tension. Some people in the road bike scene like to soft spoke there wheels, good if you're a light weight rider, however if you're 266lb, then you need well-strong burly wheels, which as 'new_dharma' said "OE rims are cheap", and can have a tendency to taco. It is often said that after the bike frame the wheels are the most important component.

ricksterr1221 said:
lol ill skid and go sideways, And the wheel hops and it will bend!!

...., the wheel hops while you skid???? dang, I've never seen that.....I usually just lay a burly skid mark and it never hops.

You might consider switching to a beefy wheel like the Alex pro tripple wall and 48 spokes........Good luck tweaking that wheel ;)

OR you could always switch to a set of Skyway mags for skidding....lol

I used to bend rims when I was a young gun too. Alot of times you end up sideways with one foot on the pedal forcing alot of body weight onto the side of the tire/rim. Skid straight and upright or bend away!

Chainy's helpful hint of the day: Make sure your butt cheeks are evenly porortioned on the seat. At our size weight distribution is everything! :mrgreen:

Go to motorcycle rims! You bend one of them skidding a bicycle and NOBODY will mess with ya!

Lol!! thats so funny chainsaw and tex.. Dharma, What u mean build a wheel for skidding?? Oh and i dont think "Skyway" mags will look right on a cruiser HAHA!!

Clothespin "n" said:
That's odd Ricky..
from what I have seen,your skids are not Long enough
to Bend a Rim :? :? :?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shut up dude im not in the mood, Im so mad dude Me and my dad are always fighting.. Just had another one

Latest posts

Back