I came home with this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went to my local collective where I wrench as a volunteer. I had a WTB list for them looking for frames and parts to build clunkers.
Came home with this.
IMG_7685.jpg
IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg
IMG_7679.jpg

Taiwan cruiser but those bars... $129

can you tell me about them and the bars
They're bullmoose bars, they were the ultimate trail tech back in the day. If you pull the bars and it says Nitto on the tube, that's good. There were literally millions of copies made, the originals are the best. As for the pedals, they just look too cool to be cheap lol. Made an assumption based on the quality of the other parts. Brand name grips and tires, Brooks saddle, etc, that was somebody's baby. I know a few guys who would want a genuine straight leg 26" Schwinn fork too. It's a sweet little ride.

Yup, 1986. It has some goodies like the bullmose bars and Brooks saddle that easily make it worth what you paid. The comparable 1984 I picked up got a different stem, bars and saddle added, as well as a wheel rebuild with aluminum rims for lighter spun weight to give it snappier handling.

Sweet score! I don't know if I'd change a thing on that bike. It's looks great as is and seems like it should ride well too. I dig those tires, never heard of that one before. Great bike!

Those pedals and saddle aren't cheap either. Haha you asked them for klunker parts, they found you a bikeful!
@MattiThundrrr I was scrolling through bike photos and zoomed in on the pedals. Very faintly... Diamondback. Pretty old from the looks!

Back