Huffy - Good Vibrations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm from the UK and (hopefully) just about to get a Huffy Good Vibrations, but I know nothing about it. We never had Cruiser bikes in the UK (as far as I'm aware) and this is about to come into my ownership via a US contractor working in the UK. It's a beautiful bike and looks like this:
3123791168_e8382ea415.jpg

Please will anyone give me some history about Huffy Bikes and particularly the Good Vibrations model ( I mean really starting from the beginning basic stuff). I'm thinking about a respray and maybe pimping it up a little, but not too much, as it's in good condition and looks 'Classic Americana' as it is. I'd like some ideas and help about how best to pimp it up a little. Including some websites and sources for parts and after market bling (if they exist!).

I'm a bit of an Americana enthusiast, having owned a '56 Desoto Fireflite and a '66 Mustang Convertible. I'm now into peddle bikes and the USA theme goes on, I also have an Ellsworth Moment (USA Mountain Bike designed and built).

Thanks Guys
Looking forward to your replys and ideas.

Nice GV you've got there pal! Looks like a mid to late 80's based on the fork type and chain ring....

Here's a few of my GV's...

Chinese built 24" GV, totally stock
PA170016.jpg

USA built 26" GV....this one looked just like your red one minus the "mudguards" when I got it
100_0424.jpg

after:
100_1447.jpg

USA built white 26" GV...when I first got it
100_1010.jpg

After:
100_1067.jpg

Another Huffy...before:
HUFFYCRANBROOK26.jpg

and after:
100_1460.jpg

Great base to start from. All mine are riders and ride well at that,. That red one you have is sweet!!!

Back