hey, I finally got in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea.... I been watchin the rats round here for almost a year, and just now got in. There is some kool stuff goin on here. I m Dangerous Dan, an old guy thats into all kinds wheels and kustom kulture stuff. Been riden an old skip tooth Western Flyer for about 7 or 8 years (ride mostly to the neighborhood bars), and then 3 years ago I happened into the GoAway Garage when the first Art Of The Bicycle show was goin on, seen some kool bikes and was told about the weekly bicycle pub crawl, I showed up the next thursday and have been hooked ever since. It is fun people on there custom and classic rides, and every week you look forward to seen the latest finds or latest build, and the people, and then ride with 20 to 40 other kool bikes, and drink some beer. Fun with a capital F. But, like most of you, yes it happened to me. I became addicted to bicycles. What start out as 1 for all those years has turned into at least a dozen with wheels on the ground and another dozen frames yet be become riders, and like you Im always looking for more. Will it ever end, I have other projects that to be done too. As for pics you probably have seen me and some of my bikes in Locojoes postings about the Coasters Bicycle Club rides and events . My bikes include the "Beer Bike" an old cleveland welding frame with wrap around fenders covered in beer bottle labels, beer can headlight and taillight,a 5 quart keg tank, and beer tapper handle grips. Another bike is my "Alumasled" an 8 and 1/2 foot long aluminum honeycomb bike, there is no tube frame, just a girls schwinn head tube with 4" stubs and an after market crank tube with ecentric chain adjuster epoxied into the panel, with multipe panels screwed together , routed and reinforced to hold the 2 speed wheel with 24 x 3 tire . Oh yea, then there was Cardboard Box NIght, mine was the C-cab truck hauling nine cases of booze. And there is my ladies bike, the "Star Chief" an early 60's schwinn with a star sprocket, old pontiac starchief script on the chain guard, apes with glass door knobs in the ends, big butt seat, license plate box with 57 chevy hood bullets worked into taillights, 53 ford airplane hood ornament on the front fender, on the perfectly patinaed rusted white. we be kruisen. Got to get my own pics figured out. There will be more later. Kool to be a part of it. Ratrodbikes Kool. later Danger Dan.

Welcome! :) EM

Good to be here... live, learn, build kool bikes.Yeaaasss. And now there are PICs of "bikes I built" over on the Bike Gallery. later dangerous dan

Latest posts

Back