Here's my soon to be projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about these bikes (any of em),but I got them from a friend recently here locally fo ra song (actually,for helping him move,LOL!).
The Schwinn (build date was sometime in 1968 according to the vin #'s):
018.jpg

019.jpg

025.jpg

022.jpg

Needs a total resto/rebuild. I'm thinking a nice build for my GF when she moves up this way later towards Fall,maybe a ratty custom :)

The next 2 are actually a matched set of his and hers. Headbadges say BF Goodrich and Challenger,chain stays say Monterey,both are SS's.
The His:
013.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

The Hers:
008.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

009.jpg

A CCM I picked up at a flea market recently. I had actually never heard of the company until I found the bike. I liked the vintage look with the light (which I'm sure probably didn't come on it,LOL) and the curve in the top tube. This one's in better shape,despite the half stripped paint job (which looks to be a poor rattlecan job,not having been masked off very well) and dry rotten tires (which hold air very well),and I'll be riding it today at the school's track with my son. I'm thinking a rebuild with a slightly custom flair...
001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

OLD bikes are hard to come by around here,and when I find em,not sure I want to stray too far from a resto,but I'm thinking about fitting some new older-styled frames/bikes into the budget (eg: Huffy Cranbrook,some of these new Wallymart Schwinns-I'm disabled and on a fixed income,getting ready to go through a divorce,so yeah,budget's there,but not livin' large on it :lol: ),getting LOTS of killer ideas and inspiration from here :D

Back