Help Please!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning out my cousin's attic and we found her father's first bike. I've been trying to find some information about it. It's a red Western Flyer serial number r219065. It does say Bendix on it but every time I try and get information the search engines seem confused that I put Bendix and Western Flyer together =) It has a single red stripe on the back hub and a wire basket. I would truly appreciate any help you can offer. She would like to get an estimate just to see what it's worth, although intends to keep it. Thanks again!

Well the Bendix red band dates it to between 1961 and 1970. But beyond that I can't say much. The value is going to be mostly dependent on the condition and model of the bike. Can you get a picture?

Pictures help alot around here if you can post a few. Western Flyer was made by Murray, Huffy and a few by Shelby and CWC. Your ser#, if Huffy built would make it a 62' or 72'. Thats about all I can do without seeing it.

Back