hawthorne?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!! I picked up this frame at a swap meet today. I paid 40 bucks for it. The guy selling it said it is a pre-war hawthorne. Im not sure though, but I know I like it. does anybody have an idea of what year it is?
123.jpg

Ill post some bettter pics later. I used some brick reds I was going to use for a different build, i really like the stance . Please throw me some ideas. pics would be nice also.

Nice Bike!

I believe it is a CWC made frame (also badged as Rollfast, if I am not mistaken) and that period sounds just about right. 1940, I thought? I definitely do not for sure, but I think that is the year.

Great deal, the springer fork's worth that! Phil (RMS37) is the Zen Master of CWC bikes, and can tell ya the approximate year. ~Adam

hey guys! so i've been working on my bike.( still not sure what it is :roll: ) but anyways i painted the frame, forks and crank, flat black and put all new bearings. The sprocket I used was off my Murray. It was a little worn, so I sanded it for paint, but then I really liked the brush look it had and just shot some matte clear over it. I still need some pedals and chain, and its ready to ride.

I really like the brick reds. I was thinking of painting the rims black, but not to sure. What do you guys think??

Sweet bike! I have always had a issue with chrome rims and red tires. I like the way black looks with the red. If you keep the rims chrome I'd go all cream or big fatty white walls. Everyone has their own ideas and I see great examples of both ways all over this sight. Good job.

Latest posts

Back