Getting to excited

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just purchased a 1950 ladies Schwinn. I got excited and bought without looking the whole bike over. One of the rear seat stays is bent like the bike was hit by a car. I think it is fixable but knowing that I could of negotiated a lower price. The BF GOODRICH frame/fork is a project and probably has a stuck stem or something.

Live and learn.
0718071612.jpg

0718071717.jpg

I almost did the same thing on a Typhoon one time...just barely caught before I said I'd take it.

Obviously it will never be perfect again, but maybe you could get it back into a decent shape with a bit of persuasion.

i would say thats a parts bike. but then again a good hammer could fix her up right quick. i dig the mens frame very cool!

cman said:
Just purchased a 1950 ladies Schwinn. I got excited and bought without looking the whole bike over. One of the rear seat stays is bent like the bike was hit by a car. I think it is fixable but knowing that I could of negotiated a lower price. The BF GOODRICH frame/fork is a project and probably has a stuck stem or something.

Live and learn.

is that a bike license? willing to part with it?
bring the frame to a decent bike shop and they should be able to correct the problem...a stuck stem isn't a big problem...keep putting PB Blaster on the neck-to-steertube area AND the bolt for the wedge (and spray from the fork side...hits the wedge that way)...do this every day (or more) for a week or so...after you have the bolt loose (1-2" up) tap it with a hammer...that knocks the wedge down...

Dharma- Yes it is a Boise bike license but not parting with it. I will bend the frame and make a rider for the wife. Going to leave the paint as it has a very nice finish.

Ricky- the rim has vice marks but seems to be straight. Between the bent frame and the rotting rubber the wheel doesnt turn to good.

Cooper Cruisers said:
Get one of these...or swing by a bicycle shop and see if you can borrow theirs...

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail ... em=FFS%2D2

I picked up a used one long ago and use it all the time to fix old frames and bend new tubes...very handy tool!

Todays Learning Lesson....Thanks Cooper Cruisers,
I didn't know that Tool existed!!!

Looks like it would cost a Few dollars,
but for Custom Bends and Curves,
it looks irreplaceable.

Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back