First ratrod bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ape hangers didnt work out so well because I was missing parts for other forks.i went with old handle bars but upside down.

Bike put together and almost finished!! Will post pics tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

Allright guys and gals! I have officially made some real progress! I pulled all the random parts I have aquired and started to put things together.

105_1082.jpg

After awhile the bike started to look different than I had planeed but definately better looking. I had to put two chains together just to work.

105_1086.jpg

I found an old 6os or 70s banana seat and used one of my old flannels to cover it.

105_1084.jpg

105_1085.jpg

i found some old greased up white handle grips (was hard to tell they were white in a freinds junkpile and cleaned them up. I put my bike together but still have some minor thongs to do to it. she should definately be done within the week.

105_1090.jpg

She seems to ride pretty smooth even though there are a couple broken bearings. i put a bunch of grease and it seems to work.

105_1089.jpg

105_1088.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think! She well be cleaned up and detailed hopefully soon.(Take in effect that I have never worked on a bike before ; ) )

The seat cover looks good, everythign looks nice. Don't take this as criticism, I just have never ridden on a banana seat mounted high in front/low in bike, what is the benefit? Thanks.

yoothgeye said:
The seat cover looks good, everythign looks nice. Don't take this as criticism, I just have never ridden on a banana seat mounted high in front/low in bike, what is the benefit? Thanks.

Thanks. yeah the seat post has a flare on top. that was as far as it would go. Its comfy though. Looks kinda cool though.

I like the backward slant of the seat. Sometimes form has to trump function.
I can relate to the photo of all of the parts everywhere as you start brainstorming on what to use and how to use it. That's where I was a couple of days ago and even still that way in some regards.

kingfish254 said:
I like the backward slant of the seat. Sometimes form has to trump function.
I can relate to the photo of all of the parts everywhere as you start brainstorming on what to use and how to use it. That's where I was a couple of days ago and even still that way in some regards.

Thanks it definately gives it a twist!

DO WHAT YA WANNA DO!! DOESN'T THAT BLACK MAKE IT LOOK REAL RATTY ?!? YEAH BABY!! KEEP IT UP AND JUST DO WHAT YA FEEL. AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Back