FINALLY got myself a good score!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up from the CL today an hour after it was posted!

All original (minus like new repop tires) 68 Deluxe Twinn! The fenders dont even have ONE ding in them!

Its been sitting in a basement for over 10 years unused.

Has rear drum brake, rear "S" reflector, Heavy Gauge Spokes

Gonna clean up real nicely...

More to come later

twinn1.jpg

nice goin, thats like findin 2 bikes at the same time !!!

i wish fishin on CL paid off around here :x
maybe im just not fast enough :mrgreen:

haha, and it'll be twice the work cleaning it too :shock:

I drove 35 min each way only knowing it was a schwinn tandem, no pic no nothing, I got real lucky. I knew for the price it was worth it no matter what.

It was missing the chainguard though. Asked the guy as I was leaving if he saw it in the basement, came out a minute later with it, I was shocked.

Jackpot! Sweet score! I'm still looking for a tandem but I can't cut up a schwinn..lol

Rat Rod said:
ZOWIE...that will look mint when I...I mean you detail it out. :wink:

Your more than welcome to detail it for me :D

tnt1 said:
How much did you pay for it. Tony 8) I have five tandems and a mini twinn 8)

I got it for $30! 8)

6 tandems! I barely have room for 1 haha

Hooch said:
wow a $30 schwinn tandem on chicagos craigslist
now thats a major score
thats maybe $300 or more cleaned up :)

Thats what I was thinking. When I called I was asking her about the condition, she said she would get some pictures and they would post them tomorrow and she would call me then. I knew the bike would be gone by then so I said I'd come now, I knew no matter what shape it was in it was worth the price. I guess more than 6 people called in the 30 min. it took me to get there. I'm glad I jumped on it, definetly my best score ever.

Hey there party people, i own a 1968 twinn also. its gold with the "s" reflector and a kickback 2 speed. its all schwinn down to the brickfront tires..... For Sale! but not for 30 bucks you lucky you!

Back