Father/Son Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gang,
I am a car nut with strong roots in the custom world (well my part of the world). I don't leave anything alone. Some stuff is subtle and some is pretty radical in modification. I am too cheap to pay for stuff done... so, I just dive in and give it a try. I guess my influence has been passed on to my son. When he was 4 he said he didn't like his bike anymore and wanted a chopper. He had a 12" kids bike. I did a two hour job on it. We raked it and installed mini apes we stole off his big sisters bike. He rode the heck out of the bike and was a big hit on the local bike path. After a couple trips on the bike path he said, "Dad, now you need a chopper to ride with me." So, I went to the local thrift store, shelled out $7 for a mountain bike and started hackin'. My boy remembered OCC's build of the Spider Bike and asked that I do mine with a "spidee" theme. That was five years ago. The boy is now cuttin' and weldin' on car projects (yep, 9 yrs old and welding... and pretty dang good too). Building one for my daughter now.

RobsBike.jpg

VW Roadster Project we are building
100_1729.jpg

Thanks for lookin'
Rob

Welcome.
This is also how my bike stuff happened. I'm thinking of doing it again with my 9 year old. I don't have access to a welder. I have a few power tools. It was fun and nice to see the kid doing something that wasnt related to a video game. Plus when he rides he kinda, well, feels proud of what he has done. Nice to have you here.
JT :D

Duke the avatar is wicked... had to look close, very cool.
I added my location in the profile... sorry, not trying to hide my witness protection status or anything. From Tri Cities, WA.
Keep Kuttin' and Pedlin',
Rob

if only my father had taught me to weld. now im forced to buy a $99 arc at walmart just to learn so i dont have to send my frames out to shops. ive been waiting to get paid cuz i was going to do the webs also! i build coffe tables and webs are a constant design i use

very kool dudes, i like it. hey cutman, now there are 3 of us in WA..

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back