Emory cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toss'm on a scale.... even with the longer tubes, i bet the Emory weighs less. Worksman uses some thick-walled/heavy-gauge tubing, plus they use a brazed and lugged construction method, whereas the Emory uses a comparatively lighter gauge tubing, and welded construction. I've tossed aorund a bunch of Worksman INB frames in my day, and i have a couple of the 18" seat-tube Emory frame, and i gotta say, the Emory frames seem crazy light when compared to the INB. (They're still heavy compared to a modern bike, but not to a Worksman.)

Another factor to consider: the Emory frames usually have a drilled brake bridge out back, whereas few (if any) of the Worksman frames came like that from the factory. I know some of you pervs want to run a 1080-style caliper on your cruisers; this is important for those of you who fall into that category. The rest of us probably don't care much, although it's also a factor for fender fitment (but there's a million ways to skin that cat....) For the record, i'm perverted enough to have had canti-posts brazed onto a Worksman for use with v-brakes.

Lastly, I got a question for @Mark Sr. (or any other Emory gurus who wanna chime in): I was under the impression that Emory made at least 2 sizes of the Mojave with the straight top-tube. Isn't there a 20" and a 22" version? Or is is 22" and 24"? Either way, i've seen some Mojaves that look huge, as well as some others that merely looked big....
I have 2, a man and a woman's 26" Emory Mojave sand cruisers, identical paint, condition, age. The condition is very good, garage kept, barely used. Can anyone tell me what they are worth?

Back