Elk Hunting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been gone for a week or so and have had a hard time getting back up to speed here. I harvested my first bull Elk last week and had a great time with my older brother and step dad. We flew into a ranch in the Frank Church Wilderness(largest in lower 48). We hunted from there by foot and horse.

We saw lots of deer, elk and unfortunately grey wolves(imported from Canada). My brother and I both came home with bull elk and lots of memories.

Stepdad's Cessna 185
elkhunt07105.jpg

Me and Amos
elkhunt07006.jpg

Me and my 4 point Bull Elk
elkhunt07047.jpg

And a nap in Beautiful and BIG country.
elkhunt07044.jpg

:x I'm envious! Stuck working so I can't go hunting! Can I have your backstrap? J/K........or am I.........Nice Get!L8 EM

Man....my testosterone shot up just looking at those photos...ha ha!

That is very cool that yall could fly in and do it like you did.

Duke- Backstraps are in the freezer under lock and key.

RatRod- My testosterone definately shot up, I actually am on estrogen right now getting it back down to normal - haha

MMM backstraps(ate the loins right there didn't ya :mrgreen:) , used to do a bunch of elk bowhunting in AZ, ID, and CO. Drew for cow in AZ this year but circumstances with new job will prevent that from happening. Heard some wolves that gov said weren't there in ID last time. Congrats, that's alot of work once it;s down.

Socal- Yeh they loins didn't make the flight out. I could of taken a cow or browtined elk in this area. Quartering doesn't take too long if you don't gut the animal.

Ricky- you are right. That one word describes the area, hunt and memories.

Back