droping in via texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up all just found the site. Just noticed there's a lot of Texas folks here. I reside in Grand Prairie/Irving area. I got a few projects and a decent og rider. Just fell in to the addiction and I'm hooked! Where's the surgeon general warning at on these things! Looking forward to being on board with ya . here's a couple of pics

Picture149.jpg

65 Typhoon Deluxe rider
my572.jpg

57 Hornet (current project)

WOW...that Typhoon is magically delicious!

We are starting to gather quite a few locals here on the forum.

How did you find the site?

i found it over on the schwinn fourms and i caught me eye i used to have a rat stingray flat black with old shcool mag wheels spinger and so on been wanting to build another but now all the 20 in stuff i get is for my daughters cant seem to get ahold of one for daddy

Welcome. I started with a Typhoon. Have fun, look forward to your participation.
:lol:

oldgreenbean said:
What up dude? I seen your name is slow64vw. Into Vdubs? Anyway,Sweet OG rider,& welcome aboard!
yea i used to own a 64 ive had about 8 bugs 2 buses im looking for a type 3 right now wanna try somthing different i saw the bus in one of your pics id still like a splitty heres a pic of my last bug it was a 64 with 4" beam 3 clicks on the torsions 1641 single port with a eng 110 cam and daul single port kads and thanks for all the complements on the typhoon it might be up for sale im wanting to restore the 57
bug11.jpg

If you could only see the drool on my chin....Love the bug...

That is a sweet looking bug alrighty...love the color scheme.

Are old VWs like this very reliable?

Would they be good for a 45 mile daily commute?

i had a 67 when i lived in tennessee lower than my 64 (roads were smooth as glass there) with a stock 1600 i lived 20 miles outside the knoxville area and it was another 10 miles to where i worked including lunch and errands on the way home i averaged about a 70 mile round trip a day for 2 yrs with only oilchanges and routine maintenance

Hey Rat Rod,I have owned 20 VW drivers over the years.I can not say they are for everyone,but they are very fun to drive.You do have to maintain them more than a regular car.I can help you if you ever want to look at one.I sell early VW's for a hobby & living.I have been into rat bikes just as long though.

Back