Drift Trike Re-Birth!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we all know that to make the Quad drifter I used the wheels ,motor and rear brake system off my "hot Wheels Drift Trike" I had every intention of buying a new motor for this but hadnt got round to it,
PXL_20230802_065830978.jpg

low n behold I found a water blaster biffed out and on the kerbside, I grabbed it and brought it home, Gave it a clean up and Managed to get it going, all it needed was a carby clean and new gas!
original_4d798d09-2861-4331-b0be-6861ee141e02_PXL_20230802_032129588.jpg

Work was canned again last night so I stayed up all day but had a nana nap about 4pm.... woke at 2.30am, "sheesh", I left specific orders to wake me up at 8pm...anyway! life just rolled on LOL.
So I was in the shed quietly pottering about, shifting things n moving stuff, making room and then started to clean up the motor and put it on the trike! after a good spit n polish it came up fantastic. looks good and the replacement tank looks the goods too!

PXL_20230803_023240893.jpg

I could of hooked it all up and i would only be waiting for tyres ,Brakes and throttle cable tinkering, But the Shaft is only 19mm, My clutch has 20mm so its a no go for fitment, I've already sourced another of the correct size on flea bay! was all too easy really! $37. probs be next week before I get it!
While im waiting this week i'll have a look at making a new exhaust system and make some airbox mods so this thing can breath a lot easier, it'll be the same mods as the quad bike, extracted exhaust flow and huge air intake!
Im suspecting this motor is only 6.5HP and not 7. the give away is the shaft size being smaller, there was some 7HP with the smaller shaft but they were sort of in the cross over period when the factories began beefing the things up a bit, so they were actually marked as 7HP, in any case those mods to the motor I mentioned should bring the thing up to at least 8hp possibly more!, its well run in this one and feels a bit looser in its running when I started it yesterday!

PXL_20230803_023333626.jpg

Back