Dorado Sherpa - Mountain bike - what is this thing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of a Dorado, and cant find out anything online. Hoping someone here knows something about it. The guy I got it from said it was expensive back in the day (I know that means nothing) Seems to have some nice parts on it. Sakae cranks, cool rat traps, suntour components if I remember correctly, shifters are mounted on the brake levers which ive never seen before. Tioga grips. He also said it was made in California, cant verify that though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dor1.jpg

dor2.jpg

dor3.jpg

dor4.jpg

dor5.jpg

dor6.jpg

Yea, he probably bought it in Cali. And the tubing sticker does not look legit. Looks like they just had them made to look like the Renoylds stickers.

Looks to be some sort of dept store brand, drive components might be worth something to somebody but the I doubt the frame is worth anything. Not a sought after bike brand, tubes are generic, but sometimes you find interest in those old oval tech and biopace components. This is like mid-90s very likely.

FYI. Regarding the Dorado Sherpa Trail. I purchased a Dorado Sherpa Trail from a company called Mountain Bike Factory Outlet in 1990 for $359.00. I still have the literature in a file at home.

Back