D'oh!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Thunder Jet and Collegiate arrived friday. There was an overkill amount of bubble wrap, which is how I ship too. BUT, of course, the ONE part that was in mint condition, and likely impossible to replace, the Jet chainguard acquired a big karate chop right in the middle. No, it wasn't UPS this time, it was FedEx. But I can't really blame anybody, it was packed decently, probably had another package smack into it... D'OH! :( (still two cool bikes though!) ~Adam
SUNP0002-1.jpg
SUNP0003-1.jpg
SUNP0004-1.jpg

Oooooh....that hurts. Those are still some great bikes though. That sprocket on the Thunderjet is really nice. I dig that frame too. Do you have the tank for it?

ive got one of those guards, lettering is different but its straighter than yours at the moment. :wink: (free) but i dont know if it was a 24" or 26", i do know how to use a tape measure though :)

100_3446.jpg

ive got one of those guards, lettering is different but its straighter than yours at the moment. (free) but i dont know if it was a 24" or 26", i do know how to use a tape measure though
Thanks CCR, I'll have to measure it tomorrow! Not so much that it's a rare guard, but that the paint and decals were PERFECT... And the rear rack is painted to match.. Sigh. ~Adam

yeah i know what ya mean, not that they're "rare", just hard to find the "right" thing in the "right" shape. and hard to duplicate "original" condition stuff. :(

lmk if it would help :wink:

If you're now dissatisfied with the ThunderJet I renew my interest in buying it :mrgreen:

Seriously, I've been looking for one of those chrome SpaceLiner clones. Let me know. If you want to keep it, that's cool too. I am sure you could have a lot of fun with it :)

Seriously, I've been looking for one of those chrome SpaceLiner clones. Let me know. If you want to keep it, that's cool too. I am sure you could have a lot of fun with it
I definitely bought these with the intent of them being keepers. I'd been wanting a Chain Bike co. bike for awhile. The ones on ebay always seem to go for big bucks, and the fact that this 'un has a Spacelineresque frame, and all chrome to boot,was entirely too much to resist!! :D That, and I wanted a decent original campus green Schwinn. But, should I find something even more better, I'll keep you posted! ~Adam

Back