Distraction Work

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For some reason I can't just work on 1 thing while I'm in the shop, I'm always bouncing from one thing to another, sometimes it's just a distraction, but other times it's really helpful, for instance, waiting for a weld to cool down or paint to dry, then I can hop to another thing and then go back to the other.

Recently (besides bikes) I've had 3 things going on. My moped is the main one, but wanting a cool helmet I started painting one and also picked up an "art" project.

Here's my helmet. It started out as a black DOT helmet I got at a thrift store for $3. I sanded it down and painted it silver. Then I found some gold glitter spray paint at Lowe's on clearance for a dollar and put that on. Then I added some candy yellow, then more gold glitter, and now I have been laying down multiple light coats of clear to set the glitter in deep:

helmet1.jpg

With the visor (the 2 small holes are where a Harley Davidson logo was mounted):
helmet2.jpg

(this photo looks dull, the other one is actually accurate on the color)

I want to put a white stripe outlined in black down the center, I'll see if I get there or not.

Meanwhile I had this wall mounted cabinet, as seen here:
IMG_4095.jpg

I tried to mount it over the steps in my shop, it fell and self destructed. The body of the cabinet was wood, but the door was metal, so I kept the door and decided to make it into a "Bicycle Shop" sign, but while looking at it I realized it looks like a tailgate, so I put some old tailgate style "buckles" on it and and am putting different layers of paint on it for a faux finish:

tailgate1.jpg

tailgate2.jpg

I'll try to remember to update this later.

Back