COAST-KING...ANY IDEAS THE WORTH??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got this bike today from a guy close by home. WAs trying to buy a couple other bikes from him..they got away before i could get there... :x

So he let this one go...never heard of this bike before...BUT MAN IS IT COOL. The Tank has the coolest Rocket on it...and it is in perfect condition. There is a little rust here and there but the paint on the Rockets are so SWEET. The chain guard is just as nice.

So ANYONE??? have an idea about this thing???

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Thank you for posting this beautiful bike. I had one of these, but mine was a barn find. It was my first vintage bike, it was in horrible condition and I could never seem to find a photo of what it used to look like.
Here it is:
DSCF4564.jpg

Also had the fenders, they were equally beat up. lol

As for the bike's worth, I am not sure but the bike seems uncommon, I have only ran into one other person that had this bike but their's was also in horrible condition.

I agree, a very nice Ross.

Other than the newer tires, it looks all there and in very good condition. Any batteries in the headlight?

I haven't seen anywhere to find how to get the year of manufacture for Ross bikes, but it looks late 50's early 60's. Unfortunately, girl's bikes don't have the same monetary value as the boys, even though they haven't been airborne or slammed to the ground. You could ask $150 for it and maybe get it, but I wouldn't want to sell it that cheap. The parts hold value, and I'm guilty of getting parts for my bikes from girl's bikes because they are like NOS. The girl's took good care of their bikes. Looks like your pedals and handle grips don't even have any scrapes.

And people say there are no nice bikes in AZ. What's up with that ?

Sorcerer

Sorcerer said:

Sorcerer

well there are a few...problem is the PRICE is ridiculous. $2300 for a replica Phantom??? ahhhh NO. Guess thats why MOST are still for sale..week after week.

I look for vintage bikes on CL all the time....hardly anything on there. I put this bike up just now on there for trade for something else vintage in 26"..this should be interesting to see the lack of response i will get.

I do see quite a few Schwinn Krates and muscle bikes for some really dumb prices as well. $600 for an old rusty Krate??? once again..AAAAH NO

naturephotoboy3 said:
Sorcerer said:

Sorcerer

well there are a few...problem is the PRICE is ridiculous. $2300 for a replica Phantom??? ahhhh NO. Guess thats why MOST are still for sale..week after week.

I look for vintage bikes on CL all the time....hardly anything on there. I put this bike up just now on there for trade for something else vintage in 26"..this should be interesting to see the lack of response i will get.

I do see quite a few Schwinn Krates and muscle bikes for some really dumb prices as well. $600 for an old rusty Krate??? once again..AAAAH NO

I watch CL here also but mostly for a laugh or at least head shake to the negative.
Sorcerer

Sorcerer said:
naturephotoboy3 said:
Sorcerer said:

Sorcerer

I watch CL here also but mostly for a laugh or at least head shake to the negative.
Sorcerer

Yes it is quite a laugh out here as far as bike prices go. Worse part is if you do find bikes listed..you call people on them and NO ONE responds to that either. Kinda messed up why people post ad's and DONT take them down if the bike is sold. Ive been calling ..e-mailing and tryign to get with people for the last few days..NO RESPONSE. Guess it's more of a game for people.

Latest posts

Back