(Class 2) Bitsa Blue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A whole lot of bits-a-blue ready to be put together, hopefully tomorrow.
hu4xef.jpg

This thing will take them muscle bike rules to their extreme!

Pretty close to nutted this one, used a motorcycle tyre on a 20inch rim,
so packed her out with some foam, works well! Got lucky, the front tyre
has pretty similar tread pattern.
2rctq1k.jpg
2ypf79l.jpg

2cz5wkm.jpg

Fitted up a nice retro reflector I had lying around and a nice, blue, front cog.
112hq95.jpg
2rpqvtj.jpg

Just a cracking day out in the Tasman Sea today, light winds 25 that's 77
in the USA. She rides better than I thought she would. Bit twitchy at slow
speeds with that little wheel, used small cranks and achieved a nice riding
position, super comfortable!
mbtoxg.jpg
2dspuh0.jpg

mrb4p.jpg
2h3ag7d.jpg

Really wanted to take the muscle bike theme to it's extreme, pretty happy with her.

Last edited:
Laid back!

Nice! As long as a shark!

Very good looking bike it was surprising to see how good it looked when I opened up your post I really like it everything goes together so well :41::113:

Thanks Schwinnspastic, sorry to sound like a newbie but I am a bit of a newbie
when it comes to bike part names, so chain stay is the longer low bar that runs parallel to the ground?

I'm starting a thread in bike talking asking about the names of bike parts for newbies like me, link below!

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/bike-part-names.88394/

Wow I totally missed your finished pics. Bike came out really cool and what a beautiful place you live in.

Looks like you know how to put those frame parts together pretty well!

You're right the chain stay is the lowest bar that supports the chain. It connects to the bottom bracket in the front and the dropouts in the rear (dropouts are the pieces that hold the axles). The seat stays angle up from the rear dropouts and connect to the seat tube. Top tube connects to the short tube in front that holds the forks that's called the head tube. The down tube is the lower tube that angles down to the bottom bracket. Hope that's not too confusing. Here's a picture.

bikeframe.jpg

Then the fork has a steer tube that goes through the head tube, blades, and dropouts.

Great work on a stretch muscle bike!!! That looks so cool!
Your backdrop is amazing!!!! (especially considering some of these guys may have to have snow backdrops).

Back