BMX Aluminum Rims! I'd like some info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I found these awesome Aluminum mag rims this weekend. They are 20", they say APSE on them, and I'd like some info. I'll probably be turning these around to sell, so I'd like to know if these are worth $10, or $100. Know what I mean? They've been painted, and there's a small dent in one spot.

These were available on a lot of Wal-mart Mongoose bikes over the past few years. The bikes that these came on sell in this area generally for $25 - $45 complete. I just picked up a Mongoose Rebel with these same rims on it for $25.00. Looks like it spent it's entire life in the garage. Not sure what they are selling for in your area but the reality of it is, they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. :D

Yep Mongoose / Next Wal-mart bike rims. Personally I use them to boost the "cool factor" of another bike. You'll get more for them that way.

yep, 2000's era wal-goose rims.

I NEVER see any of those around here used , period, much less at 25.00 pricesd listed. actually paid 45.00 for a set of those a couple years back for a never-got-off-the-ground project.

Thinking 25-45 for the set, not big bucks, but cool wheels.

i just got some of these for FREE!!!

got a set of these with a Mong' Rebel about a year ago from a dumpster. I think they outclass the bike they came with...Will use them on something different someday.

Yeah, I know resurrecting an old thread. But someone will be searching for info about these some day.... Mine will be pained soon along with the rest of the project.
IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

Already removed the reflector tabs. Love doing this kind of work. I wish I could weld as well as I can grind. That's actually how I became a great grinder.
mgoose wheel3jpg.jpg
mgoose wheel2.jpg
mgoose wheel1.jpg

And I agree, the wheels are much cooler than the Mongoose Rebel Air they came on. I may make a cool lowrider bike out of this frame, though. Thinking outside the box.
goose.jpg

Cool, I've wanted a set of sick mags since the GT and Dyno rims back in the eighties. Those look good with the little detail stripes
Funny, that's what I don't like about them. Actually that and the color. I'm going to refinish them in a cast gray color so they look like 60's magnesium rims, torque thrusters, etc.
ar-vn309-torq-thrust-painted-gray-with-machined-lip_1.jpg

I did a quick photo-chop rendering.
gray wheel.jpg

Back