BIKES FROM POLAND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My update - I used the fine grit valve grinding compound and it seemed to take out the imperfections left behind by the corrosion and bad ball brgs. The next step was to smooth out the fine scratches in the races. Using a metal polishing powder and water paste, I grabbed the dremmel tool and felt wheel (only because it was laying there) and as I expected it spun too fast even on the slowest setting. I then used my hand drill which took a little time but worked nicely. I don't have any pics (camera issues) but hope to show the loose brgs installed in my GIGI build. When I get pics I will post them there.......

That sounds like excellent progress!

As it is winter I am spending most of my time in the city, taking the opportunity to overhaul my Wigry and Turing 2 that I keep here, particularly replacing their BB and cranks. I have already found some light damage to the non-crank side bearings, so I should have a small supply to experiment with when get back on my farm in the spring.

Latest posts

Back