Bike of the month?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a thought:
why don't we have like a bike of the month articl?
everyone could vote on it or it could be choosen at random and then do a little write up about it

just a thought.................

I think that could be fun. get to know the builder a little more. Ratrod chooses then builder fills out 10 question survey

bike of the month or week, pick member names at random, that person has to put a bike pic up they like.

(just a thought / less hassle than voting all the time)

Anybody here that was over on Kustom Kruisers? We had a BOM there where the bike was voted on. I even won once with the Pirate Bike in April 2005. The winner's bike was displayed on the main page for a month.

I tried to get another one going on chopperbicycle.net but it never took off. I am not suggesting the following for here :!: just sharing what I had proposed over there...

Bike of the Month

Classes...
Modified: Frame can be modified i.e. body work, different forks, but no "one off" frames. Bike would still retain much of it's original frame.

One Off: One of a kind, kustom built, hand-made frame. Any style. If an existing frame is cut up and used it in no way should resemble the original frame.

Stock: Any type of stock frame. Bike can be kustomized but the tubing of the frame not altered. No welding anything to the stock frame. Vote on how well the builder was able to kustomize/disguise the orignal bike without chopping or welding.

Theme Bike: Any style. Stock, modified and one off frames ok. Bike must have a theme. Vote for the coolest theme and on how well the bike represents it's theme.

Odd or Unusual: Tall bikes, swing bikes. Anything that rides different from the norm.

Calendar...
January: Odd or Unusual
February: Modified
March: Stock
April: Theme Bike
May: One Off
June: Odd or Unusual
July: Modified
August: One Off
September: Modified
October: Stock
November: Theme Bike
December: One Off

personally i would rather see a builder of the month than just a bike. like mentioned before just something to get to know a builder better sorta thing a pat on the back sorta speak. i would hate to see it turn into a monthly build off so i say if it goes either steve or someone else choose a well known builder ask them the questions then post it in a special section called builder of the month. thats my 1 1/2 cent on da deal.

Yeah...I think I like the member of the month idea myself.

Instead of using the rotating Flash image gallery on the home page I can use a photo of the member of the month next to their bike or something and then when you click on the photo it takes you to a page that has a write up on them and their bike....sort of like BR&K does.

I'd require that the member that is chosen write up their article and also include the photos.

I'm working with a couple of companies on advertising right now so when that settles down I may take a crack at it.

Thanks for the ideas!

Steve, you know what else would be really cool? phpbbgarage.com We run this on our car forums, and it is REALLY cool. I believe he has released a version for 3.0.

sandalscout said:
Steve, you know what else would be really cool? phpbbgarage.com We run this on our car forums, and it is REALLY cool. I believe he has released a version for 3.0.

Looks like you have to upload images and store them on the server as opposed to linking from somewhere else.

Interesting concept....scary interface....ha ha.

Thanks for posting that! :wink:

sandalscout said:
aka_locojoe said:
Anybody here that was over on Kustom Kruisers?

What the url? Thanks!

The site was shut down a while back. It was the first kustom/cruiser bike site I ever encountered.
Got a t shirt though. Guess it was acually Cruisers with a C
kustom_cruisers.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Looks like you have to upload images and store them on the server as opposed to linking from somewhere else.

Interesting concept....scary interface....ha ha.

Thanks for posting that! :wink:

I was a bit apprehensize to run it also, but it has security settings in it that work well. You can turn off browsing to non-members, etc, so that only regular members can get to it, let alone upload photos. Works well for us.

i didn't necceasaryly mean a monthly build off but kinda like u guys mentioned with a builder of the month idea
just take that builder and based on pat builds nominate him
i just figured i'd throught this out and see what u guys thought
lots of great ideas to!

THANKS!

I miss Kustom Cruisers, it was a forun for several generas of kustom bikes, I still wear my shirt proudly. I enjoyed the way they did their BOM, basicly whoever finished a project during a given month could enter their bike into the contest, the first twenty days of the month were for entering and the last ten wer for voting. It was a very friendly way to showcase a new build and earn some bragging rights. BTW Randy, loved the Pirate Bike and it got my vote...Kelly

Latest posts

Back