Best time to sell vintage bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just curious what your opinions are on the best time of year to sell vintage bikes.

I have that matching set of coppertone 67 Varsity touring bikes that I want to sell and want to make the maximum profit.

I'm wondering if everyone's money is tied up in Christmas shopping right now.

Does warmer weather effect vintage bike sales?

Well for me spring is great! for everybody is looking for a cool bike to ride. Even during the summer I can still flip them for a pretty penny. But right now I'm getting no responces on any of the bikes I have up for sale. I find right now is a good time to find the cheap bikes.... :mrgreen:

I would say spring also...but someone in the south might be looking for a sweet Christmas gift. Never hurts to run ads if they are the free type. I guess you just have to know what they are worth and what you want out of the bikes. If it's not a 'rush' sale your in the drivers seat.

There is never a good time to sell a vintage bike! Every time I sell one, I feel like I've lost an old friend (..... unless I got a really good chunk of change for it.... then it's OK)

But if you must sell one, I've found that Spring is the best time.... except in South Florida, when October seems to start Riding season.

I've sold a few Restored Bikes at Christmastime, but not very many. Folks are short of cash at that time. I know i am..... oh, wait... i'm short of cash all the time.

mmmmm..... a matched pair of classics!
Fine... very fine!

You know, since they are in such good shape you might get a good Christmas price for them. They'd make great gifts for a couple.

Latest posts

Back