Anyone know anything about Belknap bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighbor just gave me this bike. She says her father bought it for her in 1944 and she's had it ever since. Don't know what I'm actually going to do with it yet, but I'd like to find more information on it before I do anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I googled Belknap, but didn't come up with much.

P5190041s.jpg

P5190040s.jpg

Belknap Hardware was a large national distribution company headquartered in Louisville Kentucky from 1840 to its closing in 1985. The company was a leading Louisville firm from the 1880s to the 1970s as well as a principal supplier for the region south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Over the years several different bicycle manufacturers supplied bicycles to Belknap which branded with the bicycles with their own name. The bike you have was manufactured for Belknap by the Huffman Manufacturing company (Huffy) and the date quoted for the bike sounds about right.

Belknap Hardware was a large national distribution company headquartered in Louisville Kentucky from 1840 to its closing in 1985. The company was a leading Louisville firm from the 1880s to the 1970s as well as a principal supplier for the region south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Over the years several different bicycle manufacturers supplied bicycles to Belknap which branded with the bicycles with their own name. The bike you have was manufactured for Belknap by the Huffman Manufacturing company (Huffy) and the date quoted for the bike sounds about right.
My parents gave me a blue Belknap bike when I was 7 years in 1949. I was interested in seeing what that bike looked like now if anyone had one. I was so excited to get that bike.

Latest posts

Back